What is Software Development Methodology?
The software development methodology is a software development process. It follows a life cycle which is known as SDLC. There are 6 Stages in this methodology.
- Planning- It is the most fundamental stage in SDLC. A BA or Project Manager interacts with the client for the requirement, and accordingly, they will plan for the project.
- Analysis- When all the planning is completed, then this phase comes where the Project manager dives deep and finds out the technical requirements.
- Design- In this phase, one or more designs are created to achieve the requirements.
- Implementation- Putting the project plan into action by coding the small programs called units.
- Testing & Integration- All the units are further tested to find any faults and failures.
- Maintenance- There are some issues that come up in the client environment. To fix those issues, patches are released. Furthermore, to improve the product, newer versions are released. To deliver these changes, maintenance is performed in the customer environment.
What is Agile?
Agile is a time-boxed iterative approach to software development. An agile team delivers the work in small pieces called sprints. Every sprint has 5 phases (Define-Design-develop-test-deploy).
The traditional way of developing a project was the waterfall model which is time-consuming, in this software development process first we have to complete the whole project, and then we deliver it to the client. On the other hand, in agile we are working on a small portion of the project, and we deliver it to the client for changes and review.
Also read SDLC concept
How can you use agile?
You can use the agile scrum project in JIRA
JIRA – Jira is a bug and issue tracker, It is a work management tool for all kinds of use cases, from requirements and test case management to agile software development. Jira Software provides scrum and kanban boards.
Features of Jira:-
- You can create sprints, stories, test cases, bugs, and tasks in JIRA.
- Thanks to Burn Down charts, you can review the work.
- The traceability matrix gives the overview of your requirements which are covered.
- You can create your own customized dashboard.
- There is a workflow dashboard for tracking.
What are you getting from our Course?
- You will understand how to use JIRA for agile scrum projects.
- How to do the advanced configuration of custom reports and JQL filters in JIRA.
- Hands-on practice on how to integrate other systems with JIRA like Git etc.
- Practical understanding of how to manage Kanban projects in JIRA.
- Managing scrum of a scrum in JIRA.