Why Software testing important in development?
Software testing is a process to determine whether the actual software product meets the expected requirements and to ensure the product is bug and defect-free.
- Helps in saving money
- Quality of the product
- Satisfaction of the customer
- Enhancing the development process
- Easy while adding new features
- Determining the performance of the software
What is a Test plan?
The test plan is an activity that is undertaken by the project leaders in any test project. There is a baseline plan to track progress, it provides accurate test results.
- Test objective – It contains information about modules, features, and test data.
- Risk Analysis – Challenges to test the application in the current release and if the assumptions will fail then the risks are involved.
- Test Design – Here you have to test the design/UI for all particular devices.
- Roles & Responsibility – Here the test manager writes the test case for the project or he can assign the project to test lead then the assigned team works on the test cases.
- Test Tools – Different types of tools are available in the market which is used in testing.( Zephyr )
- Test Environment– There are 8 types of environments:-
1. Performance Testing Environment.
2. System Integration Testing (SIT)
3. User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
4. Quality Assurance (QA)
5. Security Testing.
6. Chaos Testing.
7. Alpha Testing.
8. Beta Testing.
- Test Scope- It contains information that needs to be tested with respect to an application.
Also read Test case and Test plan
How to write the Test cases?
Test case defines how to test software or an application. When you write a test case, you have to follow a certain method to write the test cases.
- There should be a test ID.
- Test scenario
- User Story
- Test data
- Detail steps
- Expected results
- Actual result
Also read How to test an e-commerce website
How many types of testing are there?
There are 7 types of testing:-
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- Functional tests
- End-to-end tests
- Acceptance testing
- Performance testing
- Smoke testing