What is JIRA, and why is it popular in testing?
You’re looking for a project management solution, but you wonder “what JIRA is”. Here, we’ll explain what Jira is used for, its best features, and see if it’s the right fit for you.
- Important Points to Note
- What does Jira mean?
- Use of JIRA
- Why is Jira utilized in testing?
- Is Jira a free tool?
- For what reason is IT called Jira?
- Is Jira an agile tool?
- What is a Sprint in JIRA?
- What is Jira utilized for?
- Permit and Free Trial
- What amount of time will it require learning Jira?
- Instructor-led Training
Important Points to Note
Below are some points that explain interesting details of JIRA.
*JIRA is a project management tool used for defect management.
* JIRA is developed by Atlassian, an Australian software company.
* JIRA is a platform-independent tool that can be used with any operating system.
* JIRA is a multilingual tool, supporting English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, etc.
* JIRA supports MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server are supported in the backend.
* JIRA can be integrated with other tools, such as Subversion, Git, Clearcase, and Team Foundation Software. Mercury, Concurrent Version System, and many more can also be integrated.
What does Jira mean?
The Application name comes from the second syllable of the Japanese word articulated as Gojira, which is Japanese for Godzilla. The name started from an epithet Atlassian engineers used to allude to Bugzilla, which was recently utilized inside for bug-following. JIRA is a project management tool used for issue and bug tracking. It is often used as an issue-tracking tool for all types of testing. This tutorial presents the readers to the fundamental features and advantages of JIRA.
Use of JIRA
Below are some of the most significant ways JIRA is used.
* JIRA is used for bug, issue, and change request tracking.
* JIRA can be used in Helpdesk, Support and Customer Services to manage issue reports and track the resolution and status of tickets.
* JIRA is a useful tool for project management, task tracking, and requirement management.
* JIRA is very effective in workflow and process management.
Why is Jira utilized in testing?
Jira is one of the most outstanding open-source devices for arranging and following an Agile approach. Advancement groups use Jira for following bugs and activities, overseeing Scrums, and envisioning work processes with Kanban sheets. Work processes in Jira make it simple to design, track, delivery and report on programming.
Is Jira a free tool?
We offer a Free arrangement for Jira Software for up to 10 clients, 2 GB of stockpiling, and Community Support. In the event that you might want to add in excess of 10 clients or gain admittance to additional help and capacity, you can pursue a 7-day free preliminary of our Standard or Premium arrangement.
For what reason is IT called Jira?
Atlassian presented Jira in 2002 as an issue-following apparatus for programming organizations. Fun truth: Atlassian named its item after “Gojira,” and that implies Godzilla in Japanese. The thought for the name came about on the grounds that, before they fostered the device, Atlassian’s coders utilized a bug-following programming instrument called Bugzilla.
Is Jira an agile tool?
Jira Software is an Agile task-the-board apparatus that upholds any dexterous system, be it scrum, kanban, or your own one of a kind flavor. From deft sheets, overabundance, guides, and reports, to mixes and additional items you can design track, and deal with all your lithe programming improvement projects from a solitary instrument.
What is a Sprint in JIRA?
A sprint is a proper time span where groups total work from their item excess. Runs are normally one, two, or a month long. Toward the finish of the run, a group will ordinarily have constructed and executed a functioning item increase.
What is Jira utilized for?
Jira assists groups with arranging, allotting, tracking, reporting, and overseeing work and unites groups for everything from nimble programming advancement and client care to new businesses and ventures. Programming groups construct better with Jira Software, the #1 instrument for deft groups.
Permit and Free Trial
The accompanying focus depicts the legal aspects of the JIRA tool.
* JIRA is a business device and accessible as a Trial rendition temporarily.
* To use JIRA administrations, a permit is required.
* JIRA gives free permits to scholarly undertakings.
* A 15-day preliminary variant is accessible for a distinct individual to utilize
What amount of time will it require learning Jira?
A great many people who use Jira expect no less than 10 hours of preparing before they feel OK with every one of the various highlights accessible. You can utilize this style to oversee advertising endeavors, track bug fixes in your product, track programming improvement, and a wide range of different ventures. It’s a straightforward, yet exquisite interaction that groups of all experience levels will comprehend.