Zephyr for JIRA: Test Management Tool Tutorial
Welcome back to the JIRA tutorial. In this tutorial, we are going to discuss the Zephyr plugin for JIRA. In the last tutorial of JIRA, we discussed about following:
1. What is JIRA?
2. Why is Jira utilized in testing?
3. Is Jira a free tool?
4. Is Jira an agile tool?
And many more things.
As we talked about, Jira Software is an agile project management tool that works with any agile method, such as scrum, kanban, or your own unique method. You can plan, track, and manage all of your software development projects from a single tool.
To know more about JIRA, please follow the below link:
What is Zephyr?
Zephyr for JIRA is a native application that brings quality test management capabilities to any JIRA project. Zephyr allows the test to be created, viewed in any JIRA project, and executed immediately or as part of a testing cycle that may be linked to other issues. The testing metrics can be tracked using customizable Zephyr gadgets.
Zephyr is the leading testing solution. Zephyrs customers benefit from improved productivity, faster time to market, and dramatic cost savings, both globally and within their respective industries.
Multiple deployment options are provided by Zephyr:
- Zephyr for JIRA Cloud
- Zephyr for JIRA Server
- Zephyr for JIRA Data Center
Video Tutorial for Zephyr
Its Features include:
- You can create, view, edit, clone, and execute tests (test cases)
- You can test directly through Jira.
- Furthermore, you can link test cases to user stories, tasks, requirements, and bugs.
- The test cases are grouped logically within the test cycles, with a proper folder structure.
- Determine the test execution cycles, such as system tests, etc.
- You can link Sprint to folders and test cycles to have increased traceability.
- You can search for earlier test executions with the execution navigator.
- There are pre-defined filters for executive searches in Zephyr.
- You can export test execution data to a CSV file.
- Use Quality metrics to configure and keep track of them. Enhanced tracking capabilities.
- The ability to edit text while you are reading it.
- Extremely high flexibility.
- Real-time reporting is available.
- The connection of agile boards with test boards.
- Using Zephyr Query language (ZQL) for advanced searching.
- Provision for Test Dashboards.
- It supports multiple languages.
- The navigation is more about the project.
- Integration with testing tools for automated testing.
- Collaborative capabilities can be achieved with integration with CI/CD tools.
2 Days JIRA training Bootcamp for Project Manager/Product Manager