About the program
Course Overview and Goals
This course will include
- Introduction to Software Testing
- SDLC / STLC
- Types of Testing
- Test Cases
- Test Strategy and Execution
- Agile Testing
- JIRA etc.
Testing Environment: Candidate practice on the platform provided by Infotek Solutions Inc.
This course does not assume any prior IT experience. A strong desire to learn QA Manual Testing is required.
- Agile, Mentorship & Software testing Academy access will be available through training and after training
- You will be working on functional automation on different projects
- You will practice on interview questions and resume from day one
Duration: 2 Days
What will you learn (Course layout)
Module 1: Introduction to Software Testing
- 1.1 About Testing
- 1.2 Is testing important?
- 1.3 Why choosing QA Testing as a career?
- 1.4 Difference between Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- 1.5 Roles and Responsibilities of Business Analyst
- 1.6 Developers
- 1.7 Architects
- 1.8 Testing
- 1.9 Team (Lead
- 1.10 Manager)
- 1.11 Manual and Automation Testers
- 1.12 Project Managers etc.
Module 2: SDLC and STLC
- 2.1 What is SDLC?
- 2.2 What is STLC?
- 2.3 Why software bugs occur?
- 2.4 SDLC vs STLC
- 2.5 Testers qualities
- 2.6 Testers vs Developers
- 2.7 Verification vs Validation
- 2.8 QA vs QC
- 2.9 Why testing starts early?
- 2.10 Documentation in testing
- 2.11 Software development methodologies
Module 3: Agile Concepts
- 3.1 Agile methodology
- 3.2 Scrum methodology
- 3.3 Kanban methodology
Module 4: Different Types of Testing
- 4.1 Types of testing
- 4.2 Software testing methods
- 4.3 Software testing levels
- 4.4 Acceptance testing
- 4.5 Smoke testing vs Sanity testing
- 4.6 System testing
- 4.7 Usability testing: what
- 4.8 why & how
- 4.9 What is exploratory testing?
- 4.10 What is risk-based testing in software testing
Module 5: Test Plan & Test Cases
- 5.1 What is a test plan?
- 5.2 Test plan template
- 5.3 Test Plan
- 5.4 Content of test plan
- 5.5 Test plan sample
- 5.6 What is a test case?
- 5.7 Guidelines for writing test cases
- 5.8 Level of test cases
- 5.9 Test Cases
- 5.10 Test Case design templates
- 5.11 Requirement traceability matrix (RTM)
- 5.12 Importance of RTM
- 5.13 Setting up test data
- 5.14 Importance of test data in testing
- 5.15 Gathering test data
- 5.16 Advantages of test data gathering
Module 6: Test Strategy and Execution
- 6.1 Test strategy
- 6.2 Test strategy document
- 6.3 Test execution
- 6.4 Test execution guidelines
- 6.5 Retesting
- 6.6 Regression testing
- 6.7 What is bug leakage
- 6.8 Defects & Defect Management
- 6.9 What is a defect?
- 6.10 After a bug found
- 6.11 Defect priority & Defect severity
- 6.12 Defect life cycle
- 6.13 Defect report template
- 6.14 What is defect logging and tracking?
Module 7: Test Closure
- 7.1 Test completion report
- 7.2 Test completion matrix
- 7.3 Test result
Module 8: Jira: Project Management Tool
- 8.1 Introduction to Jira
- 8.2 JIRA Introduction
- 8.3 Getting started Jira with Zephyr
- 8.4 Installing Zephyr and Adding Test Issue
- 8.5 Jira Products
- 8.6 Atlassian Marketplace for Jira
- 8.7 Understanding Jira dashboard
- 8.8 JIRA Dashboard Creation and Customization
- 8.9 How to create a project
- 8.10 Understanding JIRA Project and Creating Projects in JIRA
Module 9: Agile concepts
- 9.1 Agile methodology
- 9.2 Introduction to JIRA agile board
- 9.3 Scrum methodology
- 9.4 JIRA Board Creation-- SCRUM & KANBAN
- 9.5 Kanban methodology
- 9.6 Jira terms
Module 10: Issues in Jira
- 10.1 Understanding backlog in Jira
- 10.2 Intro to issues in Jira
- 10.3 Creating issues
- 10.4 Cloning issues
- 10.5 Editing issues
- 10.6 Linking issues
- 10.7 Searching for issues
- 10.8 Creating Favorite search filter for issues
Module 11: Sprint in Jira
- 11.1 What is a sprint?
- 11.2 Creating sprint
- 11.3 Running sprint TO DO to WIP to DONE
Module 12: Test issue in Jira
- 12.1 Atlassian marketplace
- 12.2 Atlassian Marketplace for Jira
- 12.3 Install Zephyr
- 12.4 Installing Zephyr and Adding Test Issue
- 12.5 Write test issue in Jira
- 12.6 How to write Test Cases in JIRA
- 12.7 Writing test steps
- 12.8 Execute test issue
- 12.9 Executing Test Cases in JIRA
- 12.10 Cloning Test Cases in Jira
- 12.11 Exporting Test Cases in JIRA
Module 13: Finding and reporting bugs
- 13.1 Bug template
- 13.2 Introduction of Defect Template
- 13.3 Adding Bug issue in Jira
- 13.4 Login Defect IN JIRA
- 13.5 Attaching files and screenshots to defects
- 13.6 Adding Screenshots and Images in JIRA issues
- 13.7 Searching bugs in the bulk
- 13.8 How to search defects and do bulk changes
Module 14: Reports in Jira
- 14.1 Introduction to Jira reports
- 14.2 Reports – burndown chart & burnup chart
- 14.3 Burndown Chart Report
- 14.4 Reports – sprint chart
- 14.5 Sprint Report
- 14.6 Reports – velocity chart
- 14.7 Reports – created Vs resolved issue report
- 14.8 Created Vs Resolved Issue Report
Module 15: Test reporting
- 15.1 Test summary
- 15.2 Test cycles
- 15.3 Traceability matrix
Request a detailed syllabus.
We connect each of our trainee to a mentor, Who help, asses, guide and mentor the candidate and make person industry ready.
- Mock interviews
- Technical interview questions
- What should be the idealistic answers.
- Right approach of answering questions in interview.
- Self assessment module to check your progress.
Effective Resume Building
- Do’s and Don’ts of Resumes.
- How to describe your project?
- How experienced resume is different from fresher.
- How to build resume for Career switch from Non-IT to IT.
- What are top 7 ways of building effective resumes?
Job Placement Assistance
- Know where to apply for jobs?
- Right way of applying for jobs?
- Understand how to get freelancing and part time jobs
- Know how to get startup and flexible jobs?